April Lockhart
April Lockhart was born on July 4 1995 In seventh grade she began playing guitar and piano classes, which spurred her passion for writing songs. When she was 12 years old, April composed her first single Different. She spent lots of the time of 14 writing songs, and practicing her music. Her writing began alongside her dad in NY and LA shortly after. April also began to integrate additional relevant subjects into the Take my Hand song for some friends, such as peer-pressure disabilities and even teenage suicide. Lockhart works in partnerships at the well-known clean beauty brand Ilia as well as a lifestyle influencer, with her own large following. Lockhart was born without a left hand and that is one aspect of who she is, but this isn't the whole truth. Because of this, her Instagram profile does not shy away from her disability, but it doesn't center around it either. The message is? The message? That we can all be multifaceted and our physical and mental identities are not all that they appear. I don't want that to make me feel like I'm to become a person who is a disability-related influencer where that's all I talk about because there are so numerous other aspects of me Lockhart speaks via video from her residence in Nashville. It doesn't impact my everyday life. I go about things normally, and I've discovered the best way for me to adapt things. It's also part of me so I think it's important that we talk about. Self-acceptance runs for life but Lockhart truly inspires me on that front. She admits that she has had periods where she was unsure about the way she dressed and showed her arms. Today, she wears anything she's interested in. and she shares pictures on social media. Self-love, she explains, can be described as a trip. "I do not think that you'll ever get in that place," she said. It's a long journey. I'm not convinced that you will ever make it to the end. People you spend time with that truly understand you and who can look into your heart, are those that remind you of what is important.
Comments
Post a Comment